“THE TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR FIGHTING DISCOURAGEMENT”
“And let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” Galatians 6:9
Hello neighbor, this is the day the Lord hath made, let us be glad and rejoice in it.
Without exception, each of us will battle discouragement in our walk with the Lord at some point. Trouble and trails are an inevitable part of life. In addition to the natural consequences of living in a sin-cursed world, genuine believers also face Satan’s fierce opposition. Yet Scripture encourages us not to become weary in serving the Lord. To accomplish this, we need to constantly be on guard and renew our spirits.
Think about these as I share with you:::
(1) Give thanks to God.
(2) Call on God’s name for everything you need.
(3) Make God’s great works known to the lost.
(4) Sing praises to God at all times.
(5) Testify of the wonderful things God has done for you.
(6) Glory in God’s holy name.
(7) Rejoice in the Lord always.
(8) Look to the Lord for strength.
(9) Seek and enter the Lord’s presence through prayer and
(10) Remember the Lord’s miracles and judgments in
His people’s behalf throughout history.
Let me close with this neighbor. We that love the Lord Jesus Christ do not faint. We do not give up or quit; we do not lose heart when we become discouraged; we do not allow anything to defeat us, not people, circumstances, events, fatigue, exhaustion, or even persecution and severe opposition. We keep looking up and praising the Lord Jesus.
Lets pray, “Father God when we become discouraged, help us to remember from whence our help cometh. We realize we are finite and You have all power. Help us each day to be what you would have us to be. Thank You for dying for us on Calvary’s cross and the shedding of your precious blood to cover all sin. In Jesus name I Pray. Amen..”
Dr. Kenneth D. Benton